Aromas of perfumed plum, dark berries, bergamot, mocha graphite and spice box. Silky texture, blackberry, black pepper, cocoa and curry spices, long, lush finish.
Final blend: 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Petit Verdot, 4% Merlot, 2% Malbec
• 97 points, “Cellar Selection” Wine Enthusiast
• 96 points, Wine Review Online
• 95 points, Robert Parker’s The Wine Advocate
• 93-95 points, Antonio Galloni, Vinous.com
• 94+ points, International Wine Cellar
• 94 points, Connoisseurs’ Guide
• 94 points, Wine Spectator
Pair with: Grilled filet mignon, braised short ribs with potato puree, roast duck breast with cherry sauce, winter stew or cassoulet.
Enjoy now or cellar 20+ years.
This wine was recently featured in The California Wine Club's wine of the month club.