Presents aromas of pomegranate, pepper spice and smoky oak with hints of leather and cedar. Flavors of black cherry and strawberry are backed by a deft touch of toasty oak and structuring tannins.
- 94 points, PinotReport (May 2013): “…Deep and complex, this Pinot has the structure for age…”
- 92 points, “Cellar Selection,” Wine Enthusiast (August 2013): “…so succulent in raspberries and cherries, it’s hard to resist drinking it...”
- 92 points, Connoisseurs’ Guide (June 2013): “…fresh, bright vitality…easy to like…supple texture…”
- 91 points, Wine Review Online (July 16, 2013): “...a superb Pinot...”
- 90 points, Tasting Panel (June 2013): "Dense, rich and luscious with ripe black cherry..."
An exquisite match for duck confit, lamb shank, and prime rib. Drink now or hold for one decade.
This wine was recently featured in The California Wine Club's wine of the month club.