Aromas: Intensely fragrant aromas of blueberry and blackberry compote marry with mocha, anise, and clove. On the Palate: Enjoy complex and fruity flavors of boysenberry, black cherry, black tea, tobacco and sweet spice. Fine-grained tannins linger on the luxurious finish.
• 92 points, Wine Enthusiast
• 92 points, The Tasting Panel
• 92 points, Decanter
• 91 points, Wine Spectator
• 90 points, Connoisseurs’ Guide
• 90 points, The Wine Advocate
Pair with: Hearty stews, roasts, wild venison, BBQ and slow cooked foods go well with this wine.
Case Production: 2,456
Enjoy now or cellar 10-15 years.
This wine was recently featured in The California Wine Club's wine of the month club.