The fabulous wines we featured:
2011 California Pinot Noir
- Just released, so no awards to date.
- Final Blend: 86% Pinot Noir, 14% Petite Sirah
Tasting Notes: This balanced, medium-bodied Pinot Noir offers ripe raspberry and strawberry fragrances mirrored on the palate. Savor its long finish with hints of vanilla and cedar.
2011 California Roadside Red
- 88 points, “Editor’s Choice” Wine Enthusiast
- Final Blend: 65% Zinfandel, 18% Merlot, 9% Petite Sirah, 8% mixed blacks
- Pair With: Chicken, red meats, casseroles, pasta
Tasting Notes: Medium-bodied blend loaded with layers of violets, black currant, blueberry and spice.
Victor Vineyards also gets a helpful hand from the Lodi appellation itself. Cool ocean air from the Carquinez straits gets funneled through Lodi so that our summer nights frequently cool down to 50 degrees or so. The warm days and cool nights contribute to the beauty of our wine. Lodi by far has the most consistently good weather in California for Zinfandel. - Rob Lawson