The fabulous wines we featured:
2009 Little Sister 2009 Beckstoffer Vyds. Cabernet Sauvignon
- 92 points, Connoisseurs' Guide
- 91 points, Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar
Tasting Notes: Offers a big mouthful of chocolate covered black raspberries, raisins, blueberry and licorice. Rich, fat and sexy in style.
2008 "Crossfire" Missouri Hopper Vyd., Cabernet Sauvignon
- 4 stars, Decanter Magazine (out of 5)
- 94 points, Jeff Leve, The Wine Cellar Insider
- 91 points, Connoisseurs' Guide
Tasting Notes: This flashy, richly textured, round wine ends with a boatload of sweet, fleshy, black cherries and cocoa powder.
I used techniques learned in my "garagiste" days, including doublesorting and cold-soaking. The wine spent 21 days on the skins to enhance structure. We're not trying to make French wine in Napa, but wines with a certain Frenchness.