Okay, let’s get real. Valentine’s Day wouldn’t be right without something chocolate.
Here’s a little something that will knock the socks off your special someone.
Watch out – it can be addictive!
Vince & Eddie’s Deep Chocolate Pudding
(from the late Vince & Eddies restaurant in NYC)
- 1 quart milk
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- ½ cup sugar
- dash salt
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1-2/3 cup bittersweet chocolate, melted (the better the quality of this chocolate, the better the pudding)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- Whipped Cream (Recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts
Combine milk, cocoa, sugar, salt and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Bring to simmer, stirring constantly until thickened. Combine chocolate, butter and vanilla in bowl. Pour milk mixture over chocolate mixture. Mix well. Pour through fine strainer. Distribute chocolate pudding among 6 glass bowls. Chill in refrigerator. When chilled, top with whipped cream and nuts.
403 calories per serving
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
In bowl, whip cream with vanilla and sugar until stiff.
Wine with Dessert
What wine will you serve your sweetheart with your Deep Chocolate Pudding?
We’d recommend a Merlot or a chocolately Cab, maybe even a Syrah!