Being in wine country during the holidays is a terrific idea.
All the wineries are dressed up in their best holiday finery, and everybody’s in a festive mood.
The wine country also offers festive fun. Robert Mondavi Winery kicked things off on Dec. 6th with its annual Tree Lighting Ceremony (and buggy rides through To Kalon Vineyard–fun!)
• 8th Annual Sonoma Valley Gingerbread Contest — See them at the wineries and vote for your favorites during December.
• “Wine Tasting All Winter Long” in Santa Barbara’s Santa Ynez Valley. Buy a pass, and taste wines throughout the valley anytime during the winter months.
• Dec. 1 – Dec. 31– Sonoma’s Holiday Wine Trolley – Every Wednesday, take the Holiday Wine Trolley decked out in Victorian splendor from Sonoma Square. Visit 4 festive wineries, catered lunch and get your holiday shopping done! Fee.
• Dec. 13-14- Grape Vine Wreath Making Party, Inspiration Vineyards, Santa Rosa
• Dec. 13 – Gloria Ferrer Winery Holiday Crab Feed
• Dec. 19 – Summerland Winery’s “Ugly Sweater Party”! With wine, of course! (just south of Santa Barbara).
Sip with the Season!